Wednesday 17 February 2010

A Big Thank You!

Hi guys,

I feel like now is a good time to thank someone that is very important to me! Last March my best friend Dan asked me to move in with him. Eager to leave Dagenham and move on to greener pastures I gratefully accepted the offer. Life looked to be going great, but as those who know me will already know about two weeks before I was due to move in I got beat up and had to go to hospital.

Obviously I found that quite a hard experience to deal with, and it's one that has changed me considerably. I feel very sorry for Daniel that he has spent the last year living with mopey depressed me. It's almost like he's been short changed. He was probably expecting late night slumber parties, where we would braid each other's hair. But in actual fact what he's gotten is an anti-social, monosyllabic version of me!

But in keeping with this blog's positive mission statement, I'm now going to change our relationship for the better! I'm going to find ways to let Dan know how much his friendship and support have meant to me.

Tonight i started simply by making him a chocolate orange cake, unfortunatly due to the fact I haven't made a cake since last June the first attempt was disastrous (burnt and wafer thin!!) and I thought you guys might enjoy a picture of it!


But I tried again and the second one was perfect!


Today's positive thought is one that helped me personally, let me know what you think of it:

If we fall, we don't need self-recrimination or blame or anger - we need a reawakening of our intention and a willingness to re-commit, to be whole-hearted once again.

Thanks for reading
Peter xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment