Thursday 18 February 2010

Change your thinking!

Okay my quest of improving my outlook on life is going fantastically, I've started reading a marvellous book called SUMO (Shut Up, Move On) which is helping me understand that for the last year I have had a victim mentality.

I've been blaming the circumstances that were out of my control for the way my life is now, when in actual fact it's my own responses to those circumstances that have put my life so far from the path I want to be on. I've used my 'victim status' as an excuse for putting my life on autopilot and just coasting. Plagued by thought such as "I'll never make it as an actor because of my hideous scar" ......Well no more! I am officially making the transition from a victim to a survivor, and talking back the controls of my life.

As if to encourage me along I got a positive message from the universe today!

Every day on my way to work I take a shortcut through Leicester square. The path leads under about four trees that are usually laden with pigeons and (my old negative self) always used to think 'It would be just my luck to get shat upon.' So guess what... today it happened! Splat! There was only one thing that turned this from a negative to a positive. It was spitting slightly and so I was carrying an umbrella that broke the fall of the pigeon poo! I just feel that the odds of that happening on the one day I'm carrying an umbrella is just to coincidental, especially when you take into account my new quest for happiness! Thanks Universe!!

And thank you for reading this!
Hope you're having a great day!

Peter xXx

Here's today's positive quote:

Changing the world begins with the very personal process of changing yourself, the only place you can begin is where you are, and the only time you can begin is always now. - Gary Zukav

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peter - this is so so exciting to read!! I'm 100% behind you - really true statements there.
    I'm sure you would agree with the following:-
    Your real "WHY" is never money.
    It's about who YOU really are.
    Your driving factor must be WAY more than money.

    ReplyDelete