Thursday 11 March 2010

Find your thing!

Thirteen day since my last post......hmmmm, this blog is rapidly turning into a record of my positive days. Those glimmers of hope that occasionally break through the otherwise dull monotony of life. The truth that I've realised lately is that the glass is nowhere near half full, in fact the glass has only a few drops in it. We live in a world where people rape and murder each other. They abuse, neglect and kill animals for their food and fur. Wars and genocide are rampant across the world and the people in power care for little beyond their own comfort and welfare.

Quite honestly I'm desperately searching for some sign that there is any hope that mankind will ever sort themselves out and learn to live in harmony. But for my own sanity I have to focus on on the droplets at the bottom of the glass, and have faith that one day the good elements and people of this world will gain enough power to lift us from this river of misery that we are currently living in.

So, now on to focusing on the positive drops:

I have an embarrassing confession, I really love the show Glee at the moment, but if I'm being truthful I find myself a tiny bit jealous of them due to the fact that they always look so happy. However, when I really thought about it I came to the conclusion that the characters can't really be any happier than I am.


They are dealing with issues such as unrequited love, pregnancy scandals, marriage breakdowns to name but a few, so why is it that they seem to me to be so contented? I've decided that it's because, so often in the show they are depicted doing the thing they love.... in this case singing. Their passion for glee club unites them and helps them through difficult times.

So for now that's the key, I need to find my thing. Something that can unite me with like minded people and serve to lift me out of this funk I'm in at the moment. Some things I'm going to try are:

1. A book club. I love reading so I think it might be nice to meet with people and discuss opinions on literature.

2. Some form of self defence class. Doing karate or something could help me feel empowered and in control of my own life again.

3. Acting/ Writing classes. I'm feeling creatively stifled at the moment and I feel a class may help get the juices flowing again.

So that's it for this blog. The conclusion being that I need to find my thing. I hope that you all have a passion that makes you happy, if you do please let me know in the comment section below as it maybe something I would like to look into. If you don't maybe we could help each other find ours!

Thanks for reading
Love Peter xXx

Here's today's positive thought

We are not foolish for making a mistake - only for refusing to learn from it... Stop settling for less than the best for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peter - This post is very enlightening into your mindset.....The biggest thing blocking you, is your own belief that you are truely great...go after your goal....REALLY go for it..you are right to delv deep to find your hot button...see if this helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugwaabINsIw
    Sending you love and hugs all the way!!
    Cathy :-)

    ReplyDelete